www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Why Riverside For You?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:52 am 

i have played at/with the RR for about five good years now. i just want to see why you guys keep going back? what is ur favs about the place? comments on rentals, gear, refs, paint? personally IMO i feel you get your money's worth when you play there.

bunkering terrorists :) Afghanistan 05-07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:28 pm 

Saftey, and most of the people who play are mature and not teenagers with attitude. Its the only field I go to and now that I can drive I'll come everyweek that I'm not playing with my family in the woods.

Post subject: Why I play at Riverside
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:39 pm 

Because rolling on a paint ridden floor isn't my cup of tea.

Actually, well, that is true, but I enjoy the safe playing environment, the price of paint, and playing with the people who play at Riverside who don't make me feel like a newb.

Additionally, if it wasn't for the help of some of the Riverside Regulars, I probably wouldn't have returned to paintball. Someone is always there to answer my gazillion questions, and to help me out when my equipment is faulty.

The field? The field itself has changed since I first played at the opener, becoming more and more intense as the days pass. Sure, I enjoyed the open view back in April a little more, maybe because my conditioning is that of a retired lineman, but I must admit, the current stage of cover keeps my heart racing, and keeps me on my toes throughout the game. When I start hearing the sounds of a marker/gun going off near me, it certainly makes me use all of my senses before I start blasting paint in retaliation.

Furthermore, I'm exited to go to Michigan this year, being I haven't gone on vacation since I was a little kid. That is something I'm certainly looking forward to.

lates,

J.T.

Last edited by PaintYa on Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:43 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

lots of reasons. here are some:

--it might very well be the best field in the U.S. Maybe isn't, but it could very well be. There probably are few places that have the rugged terrain this one does. It's great exercise. The field is good because it's . . . dangerous. There probably are few places in which you have to take personal responsibility so that you don't find yourself falling off a cliff or something. This makes it all more than a game. It's still a game, but . . . you have to stay sharp. There's an element of pain that's in this or could be involved. And despite this you don't have to sign a waiver. We know what we're getting ourselves into. This is less a business than it is a sportsman's club.

I keep thinking that one of these days I'm going to do something stupid out on the field and get a compound fracture to my leg. and I've vowed that I'm going to keep on smiling while I'm on the field until I get towed off the field, at which time I'll probably start screaming.

-Buddy's personality. his stupid jokes.

-the fact that it's woods play and not speedball. it's not how much paint you shoot. I've had games in which I didn't shoot a single shot but returned the flag and it was great.

-the bang you get for the buck

-the attitude of the regulars. everyone is usually quite supportive of one another. we play hard against one another, but we admire each other's abilities, too, and are proud to be pitted against such good players. seldom are there hard feelings about getting hit by so-and-so or whatever. you realize that when you get hit you're making someone else's day enjoyable. I never have to worry about people cheating. If I hit someone and the ball breaks on them, I don't have to worry about them wiping it off. There's an element of honor that runs through the usual gang.

-back to the field: it's probably got the prettiest view of a paintball field in all of the U.S. often times during the week I'll think back on how much fun it is to be taking the long trip up and around the hill, coming around back behind Busch Gardens and D.J.'s and such, and you're all alone, say, and you pause a moment for breath, and in that moment you can look out over the Waterfront and see all the green hills, the blue water of the Mon, the blue sky with puffy clouds, all the shiny glittering of all the car windows and such so far away. Meanwhile you hear the sound of paintball guns puttering 'way below. It's a moment I never get tired of. Sort of like pausing a moment to enjoy the scenery before descending once again down into the fray below. When I die I want my ashes scattered on this hill.

-also, personally, for me, since I'm an older player (43), I like hanging around the younger guys and talking with them and such. Keeps me young and I like hearing what they are doing with their lives. I like asking Azzy a question about guns and hearing him talk about it. I like teasing Phoenix about whether or not he's gonna get me this game. Etc. Etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:38 pm 

Hey good post kzuroski, I agree entirely, now that there is all this brush the field seems a hell of alot bigger, most of the time I didn't even know where I was going.

Post subject: Reviews
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:17 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

Don't for get to send some reviews out to other sites about Riverside and get the word out to others. At: http://www.pbreview.com/fields/reviews/260/
I think there are only seven reviews for the field so some people go over there and let them know too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Well said Ken!

Why riverside for me?

I used to play lasertag (a fun game in it's own right) until princevaliant invited me to the May Mayhem game back in 2000. Been hooked ever since.

Love the terrain, heck, the staging area has more terrain than most field's "Woods Fields". Its the most challenging field ive ever played, but that also might be from the people who play as well.

My first 2 days of play were fruitless in the area of me getting anyone out. But the encouragement and the good vibe I got from everyone there kept me coming back. After a while, expecially after going to Michigan for the first time, I felt like one of the team.

no one here really goes off on a gloating spree, no major attitudes. ive seen one major argument on this field in 4 years, and havent seen one in a while. Yeah, we all are out there blowing off some sort of steam, but the fact that we all get back together in the staging area laughing it up shows the caliber of all of you guys. Is it what we slip in the wa.. I mean the fresh air? :shock: :lol: The way I see it, if we didnt have Buddy up there all the time gettting us all talkin and laughing, this might just be some paintball place on the river.

I expecially like to work the kids games. Seeing them younger guys out there running around is fun. its not a sport to them.. they are playing the same way a lot of us played army or cowboys and indians.. Good clean/ messy fun!

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:27 am 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

WOW! good topic. Ken and Azzy, good posts!

I've been playing at Riverside for just over 10 years now, and i have yet to find a field that even comes close, and i've played at over 100 fields in my paintball career.

The one main reason i keep coming back si the atmosphere of the field. from the Buddys good humor attitude, to the great reffs, to the awsome group of regulars that show up every week, and to the comradery among players- new and old.

The first time i played down there it poured like a son of a gun the night before and the field was a muddy mess..............GOD WAS IT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slipping and slidin all over the place bein shot at. i was instantly hooked and purchased my first paintball gun two days later which i still have to this day. it's my VM 68 EXC. almost the same guns that we use as rentals on the field. the rental guns are great, most of them have been in use since the field first opened and are still going strong. sheridan hit a home run with the VM. Buddy was always there to lend a hand so that us new guys would have a fighting chance.

The terrain is unlike any other field i've ever played on. it has everything you can think of all in one place. from flats, to hills, to cliffs, to thickets, to open areas, forts, bunkers, trenches, streams, just about everything. it will show you just how in shape you really are. :roll:

Buddy makes the field the way it is. only he can put on the games the way they are. his attitude toward the sport and the players that show up at the field to play are like no other. he pours his heart and soul into maiking sure you have a good time when you come down to play. he also puts the fear of god into you during his saftey briefings. that's one of the reasons the the field is as safe as it is. noone wants to break any rules. and the reffs enforce those rules.

for those that come down to play on a regular basis know what it's like to have honor among players. the comradery that is so prevalent amongst everyone at the field is like nothing i've ever seen. you could be playing on the same team with someone one week, and the next week your on opposite teams, but yet back in the staging area your laughing and telling war stories. everone is always eager to give you a hand if you have a problem. all of us gun techs at the field never ask for anything to work your gun if you have a problem with it during a game. everyone that comes to play is looking to have fun, and that's what they get. a GREAT TIME!

as for the prices, where else can you get free CO2 all day and 500 rounds of paint for $20? NOWHERE! the entry fee is not bad either, with your own equipment:$15, rental:$20, and then your paint.

If your looking for fun and a great time definatly come down and play!

Until next time, see yenz at the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:47 pm 

i agree with every single person

bunkering terrorists :) Afghanistan 05-07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:36 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

I have played at many fields in the area and I would have to say this is the best. It is the field that I first played paintball numerous years ago. I would have to say that because of the great experience I had that day (along with 50+ others that day) at Riverside caused me to jump into paintball. the atmosphere was amazing. The large wooded field with terrain from flat open area to large hills and even a pond and creek bed to hide in. The bunkers are amazing also you things from man made bunkers,forts,bridges,ropel aders,drums,pallets and tire-walls!!! The natural cover is just as good vastly changing during the seasons from open viewed play during the fall-winter-early spring causing you to rely on the numerous bunkers and large trees for cover to the lush thick foliage during the spring and summer months that completely change the game play to a very concealed stealthy combat. Myself and everyone that came with me to plat here say how friendly the staff and the regulars that play at Riverside are. They create a great atmosphere for newbie and veterans alike. The prices are good with free CO2 and many special events that they hold during the year like "Big Games" and there "Season Opener" or "Wild Game". If you like outdoor paint ball or have never played before this field is a MUST!!!