www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

In the past few weeks, I have full learned the importance of ergonomics and computer use. While working my day job (I'm a draftsman / project planner / computer tech for Architectural Sign Associates) I started to get bad cramping pains in both forearms and hands, occasionally spreading to my upper arms. my doctor has told me this is caused by my tendons swelling in my forearms, compressing on my nerves, and is aggravated by the way I work. (This is different from carpal tunnel, which is a problem caused by scar tissue pushing on nerves, from what I understand)

Remember, you only have one set of hands given to you. Work wisely, just because you are young, doesn't mean you are invincible. its quite embarrassing to not be able to do many simple things, and have to ask your girlfriend to pick up something that normally isn't very heavy.

Because of all of this, my boss has scheduled me to be in Washington DC all next week. I will be nowhere near a computer or the internet as to help the healing and rest of this problem.

Also sucks because it has taken 4 weeks of paintball and a good time of my band's practice away.

So what are you still doin on that computer? Get outside or something :lol:

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:57 am 

Take care of yourself Azzy -- we'll need you at MMG :)

I'm a computer programmer at UPMC and I "feel your pain". I have
a series of stretching excercises (don't laugh) that I do before getting
into some code. It's worked for me so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:55 pm 

had the same thing happen to me when I just got out of highschool and went on a month long half-life fest, my hands would just open themselves and get this really bad pain under my wrists, lasted for a long time......till I got a new desk, I figured the reason this was happening was because my wrist was hanging off the desk, the trick is to use your fingers and thumb not your wrist, well atleast thats what worked for me.....you guys most have pretty poor eye sight as well from being on the computer all day??

I know after a few hours of heavy gaming my eyes would be set for close range and would be blury for the rest of the day....but after I stopped for a while it seemed to return back. I acctually used to use a scope on my paint gun so I could see if that lump ahead was a person or a tree stump.

So anyway I'm susposed to be going to Pitt this fall for computer science but I'm at a point where I could still change my major with out losing any credits, you think I should stick with computer science?