www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:49 am 
Site Admin

My main rig is an water cooled Athlon 2100 (overclocked to 2.1ghz) on an Abit NF-7 board with 512mb of Corsair XMS PC2700 DDR-SDRAM, a Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb vid card, 2 80gb Western Digital Special Edition hard drives, a Cmedia Thundering Digital 5.1 Dolby surround sound, Logitech 5.1 speakers, 48x CDR, DVD, and a Logitech I-Feel force feedback mouse, Logitec 10 button gamepad, and 2 Microsoft force feedback pro joysticks. You can see the old config and the custom case here:

http://hardcoreware.net/rigs/index.php?&r=387

It now has a custom built external water cooling system built around a MaxXxpert Miro water cooling system with a massive radiator and an Enhiem pump, with a custom built radiator.

It works well, I do video editing with ease, as well as some 3d modeling and rendering, and a lot of image editing, as well as all the web owrk for this website. In a year, I want to push the motherboard to a AMD Barton CPU and PC 5800 RAM, and see if I can get it to break 3 ghz (I have posted this 1.7 ghz cpu at 2.5 ghz, but windows wont start)

I can run the Alpha version of Doom 3 on here well, even in its previous state (athlon 1700 overclocked to a 2000, radeon 8500LE, 786mb ram) it ran OK. Last game I ran that pushed the system was Far Cry, but I didnt like the game play much. I am more of a "Shoot it if it Moves" gamer than a stealth ops gamer. I can't wait for Doom 3 (July this year) and I love Serious Sam 2.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:14 pm 

Its almost the same as mine. I used to run mine overclocked at 2222mhz but once i turned it down to default i deceicded i didnt need it that high. I just somehow got a super chip cus mine was an anthlon 1700+(jiuhb) and with a tornado i some got it to 2.6ghz?? But the noise was too much so i sold the tornado on ebay for $1.50. Yeah there is something else holding D3 alpha back then the video card because i have a 9700, 8500 and 9500 and they all ran it the same, so i guess its problems in the code. But water cooling is alot better because you can't enjoy games when it sounds like your playing from a helicoptor or something. Yeah but back on topic digital paintball will run on a pentuim 500 ^^.