www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:12 pm 

Just curious what marker(s) people will be using this year. I'll be using a sheridan p68AT, the only gun that I couldn't sell. So I decided to keep it as my perminate gun since it will probally last forever anyway. It shoots great but is heavy as hell, it also has an overly long 13" barrel that and the auto-trigger doesn't work. Helps to save alot of money on paint. And I like it way more then the Phantom, Tigersharks, Trracers or hammers that I've had. Just has a better feel and is more accurate on sustained shots because of heaviness/lack of recoil. Image

I started out using a sheridan Pirahana short barrel in 94 and have always wanted to have my own and finally do now. My fiance(SP) claimed the pirahana short barrel for her own since its so small. I bought it with the intent of selling the p68at but she got it in her head that it was hers so.......now we have his/her pirahanas,kinda lame I know. I'd rather use this than the P68AT though since its more compact and seems to shoot just as accurately. That exact same model of pirahana SB that I first used also. Image

So those are the only guns I have and I'm stopping myself from buying anymore to pay for school/cell phone bills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:50 pm 

Ill be using my new baby.

my 04 shocker...
Ive gotta be a full time student this summer to get enough credits for my scholarship, but if i get a chance ill most definately come down to visit you guys. My unit just got back this past month so maybe once things get settled, we can get another game with you guys.

bunkering terrorists :) Afghanistan 05-07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Once I get it in tomorrow, my new KL (thalts a lever action KP2-SC) will be one fo my regular guns. Have the MCB PPGP to add to the sheridan brass flavor, my new SC Maverick to round out the pump guns.

Hopefully the warm weather will bring luck back to my cursed Hurricane, never has done right in a game yet. Should get back the PVI Shocker by this summer, that ought to be interesting.. having to carry extra AA's to the field.

Thats about it for new guns, the rest should be the same old flavor, Cocker, Vector, etc.

(edit)

Just got it in today, pictures can be found here : http://riversiderenegades.com/azzytemp/KL06/

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:30 am 

Very nice the best looking sheridan/pmi K I've seen. The second best was a guy who was a gun smith and did his up nice, he accutally had two of them a kp(?) with direct feed and 12 grams changer and another pump called a kodiak. He really just made them look more like a real gun by finishing the stock and the metal/brass to look just like a real shotgun. I'm sure alot of people would disagree with him making it look so real though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:15 am 
Site Admin

You dont have any pictures of the Kodiack do you? Very rare guns indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:52 am 

Azzy, that gun is sweet! I can't wait to see it in person. How does it shoot?

I'll be using a Spyder that I just got (Pilot ACS) and my traccer if there are any pump games. Sorry, nothing fancy here. :smt015

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:36 am 

Excellent KL Azzy -- that really turned out well! Lets see how many others run out to copy you now :D

My main weapon du paintball will be my PPS Blazer (now with female Stabe and unported "loudened" barrel).

My Typhoon is currently converted to a pump, so I might break that out if we ever have a pump day at RR. A stock would make this baby perfect -- I'll have to see if a gas-thru is the way to go (currently have a female stabe as a bottom-lined asa).

jamesmbaldwin, I have a piranah SB too. With a little effort, some good metal polish (Mother's Mag as Azzy would say) and some fine steel wool, you can have that baby looking good with some shiney, brassy goodness.
I just replaced the seals in mine -- it is one fine shooter. Toss a 3.5 oz tank on the back and it's perfectly balanced too!

Again, if we ever have a pump day at RR, I'm sure we all have some cool toys to break out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Mother's Mag for aluminum, Brasso for brass.

They can be uses differently in a pinch. I would keep the PMI gun black, brass is too hard to upkeep at a decent looking level. I know someone who semi figured out a new blacking coating for them... let me get back to you on that.

How's it shoot? Dont know, havent tried it yet. I hear it gets 16 good shots off a 12gram, and since it has a 16 shot feed tube, that works out great. PPS might be able to tune it up a bit to get more, but I hear 24 is the high on a sheridan gun.

Now get a Grey Ghost... they can do 50+ good shots off a 12 gram :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:46 pm 

I've found that Mother's Mag works pretty well on brass too. I'm cleaning up one of my VMs (really bad anno job, bought cheap from ebay) so I'll see how shiney I can get that one. If you have a anno solution for that, I would be interested in the method. The old silver "Dave Youngblood" VM isn't appealing to me

The smell of brasso really kicks my arse -- that would be a "last resort".

The brass does tarnish pretty quickly, but if you keep it dry (or wipe it off after use) it doesn't seem to be too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

clearcoat can do wonders to keep brass looking good.

As for the anno solution.. got to send it out. Check on the guild, we can get it sent off to get a new anno job sometime when Punisher or KP Customs has an anno run. Cheaper to get it in batches sometimes.

I can help you polish it, have a wheel at Heathers that I am always welcome to use.

Heck, we should try some radical surgery... maybe some home milling.. I have a drill press, access to all kinds of tools..... :twisted: