www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PulsePoll
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:28 pm 

On the home page, there is the poll asking what you will do in 2005. The majority of people have said they want to change their style of play and that just got me wondering. For the people who chose that, what are you looking to do different? I personally voted for more games, but thats just me.

bunkering terrorists :) Afghanistan 05-07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

I know that im trying to get in tune with more of my guns, and not just my cocker. I like to be comfortable enough with a gun that i dont have to aim, muscle memory does the work for me.

Oh, and if anyone has an idea for a poll, please let me know. That one is up there because I am blank for what to do for the next.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:53 pm 

maybe ask people why they play.... or why they keep coming back to riverside something like that

Post subject: Some poll ideas
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:15 am 

Some poll ideas.

1) Should RR set aside Saturday and Sunday as public open games instead of the current policy of having Sunday as the only public open game?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Should RR install portable toilets, one for males & one for females, at the field?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) Should RR look into two large road signs, instead of the current small sign, facing both directions on the street and indicating the location of the field?

Add a large sign on Old Brownshill Road?

Add a large sign where the street and the wooded entrance meet--indicating you need to walk this direction to access the field?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) Should RR hold a special event one weekend a month where players from RR take on players from a competing field?

<Perhaps return the favor and play the same type of game at the competing field. You would have to register players and set limits on how many could play. Say 100 RR players vs 100 players from another field Saturday and Sunday in scenerio paintball. Winning field could get a trophy or something. Players would be rewarded with great fun.>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5) Should RR make their field shirts with logo available for purchase every Sunday during open field play?
6) Should RR add make more tables and chairs available for players?
7) Should RR produce yearly or Summer<months of June thru Sept> cards available for purchase at all times at the field?

<The cards would provide players with discounts to play at the field and reduce cost of purchasing field paint. Also with a physical card in hand it would be easy for the player and field to monitor who does/does not have a pass. The pass would be timed stamp as to when they expire and the field could keep a record of pass owners on a computer. The players name and date they purchased the card could be kept so "cheaters" who try to produce fake cards could be caught.>
8) Should RR produce a short paintball film once a month and add it to their web page for visitors to view?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9) Should RR ask players to volunteer to visit the field once a month and help with cleaning and maintaining the field?
10) Should RR consider selling cold bottled water at the field every Sunday during open games?

<Giant Eagle brand water is very cheap. One or two coolers filled with ice could be kept at the field and the water bottles would be placed in the coolers to keep them cold. Thirsty players would probably purchase them pretty fast if they know ahead of time that cold water was being sold at the field>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:31 am 

Very good suggestions.

Post subject: poll
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:35 am 

good suggestions, but i see some of them costing money, and that will in turn effect play costs

Just my 2 bits.

J.T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

Good points, but much better brought up to Buddy.

I dont have any control over that unfortunatly, and having some of those as a yes or no poll would push him into a corner on an issue.

Generally, when I post a poll, its a general query with multiple choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:14 pm 

I agree with Azzy. Those are great points - but I think we know the answer to most of them.

Of course players would like to have more seating and bathrooms and more of everything. We are all going to want that; it is just a matter of Buddy seeing enough return for his investment to engage some of those ideas.

Azzy, perhaps you could consider a poll that asks:

What would be the most significant improvement you would like to see made to the field:

1. Porta-poties
2. More seating
3. More Parking
4. Signs identifying the field
5. Membership cards that give me discounts
6. Games against rival fields
7. Videos on the website (I cringe at the thought of the increase in bandwidth)

Buddy could use the results from this to help him prioritize enhancements to the field. Although, in my mind I am sure he would love to do all of these things and is trying to do as much as he can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:46 pm 

i think the johns and more seating would be up there. its alright for the most part cause the majority of players are male, so facilities really are not top priority. but when female players come, they are in a tough spot and have to run to wendys or something close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

Videos are easy for the website, just need a camera, really.

I personally made the signs for the field, as i work for a sign company. Larger ones require permits, and can cost hundreds per sign.

Thats why I stuck to the smaller ones over there.