www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:17 pm 

I will throw this idea out there for discussion.

Some of the wooden forts, I am not sure of the condition of all the wooden forts, need repairs. Since wood is more apt to degrade fairly quickly due to constant use by players over a paintball season. I was wondering if a material other then wood should be used in the construction of the forts. All the wooden forts could be replaced by forts made out of rubber tires.

Why use tires to build forts instead of wood?

a) Rubber tires last longer then and will not degrade over time. Hmmmm I take that back. They will degrade over time but it will take many decades for the rubber tires to finally degrade.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b) Rubber tires can take far more punishment then wood.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c) Rubber tires are low maintenance to maintain. If rubber tires are used in mass to replace the wooden forts. Drainage holes would need to be drilled into the tires to allow water to drain out. You do not want the tires to becomd breeding grounds for Mosquitos.
d) You can also dig fox holes and surround these holes with a wall of tires. Some fox holes can be small enough to fit just two people. While others can be large enough to accommodate 4-8 players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:01 pm 

tires would be nice but you would still need wood. How could you replace g.i joes with tires. Without wood all the forts would look the same if they were just tires.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:50 pm 

Some wood may be needed with the rubber tire forts. But it all depends on who is designing and building the forts.

Clearly some decisions would have to be made. Does the field need forts with multiple levels? How often do players actually use multi leveled forts? And many other such questions.

All the forts would look the same if they were made from rubber tires. Why must they all look the same? Other then size don't all the current wooden forts look pretty much the same?

There are some creative people on these boards and RR. Give them a chance to design some ideas for rubber tire forts. Does that mean such forts may need wood, plastic, or some other material incorporated into its construction? Very possible.....but I think it is worth discussing at the very least.

The bottom line is you never know unless you try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:38 pm 

yes your right. Tires may be better. It rains more then it shines and how many times do you hate slipping on forts. With rubber it would be easier and probly safer. Also how would we get all those tires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:50 pm 

the idea is good. Do you think buddy will be up for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

Tires bring one very large problem. Mosquitoes.

The current crop is hard enough to control, and you cant control all of them.

The wood forts give it flavor, as do the multi story forts. You have to realize we are not the main source of income for the field, the Monday thru Saturday reserved parties are. And they go ga-ga over that kind of stuff. Just having a bunch of tire forts would get boring fast.. it would end up like other fields' "outdoor" fields.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:45 pm 

i agree with azzy on this one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:29 pm 

i think variety in the forts is the main thing. multi-level, wood, tire, plastic, and aluminum i think are great materials.

me i'd like to get a floating kind of fort.

i wish you guys good luck at getting stuff done. i will be there to help when i am in town and have time to help you. believe me i will.

but at the same time i have been doing this for a long time, getting up there with buddy time. hecj you should have seen what we had to do to get that pond done, if it is done. those that were around back then may remeber.

one big problem, there are a few, but the main one i would say is not many people want to come up there to help on the field just to help. they want/or you have to offer them something to help. either money, free play/paint or what ever.

and that is crap. i mean we help destroy the field weekend after weekend, we should be able to give a weekend a month or every other month to cleaning/rebuilding the field each season. but frankly that is difficult to accomplish and believe me i have tried and tried.

call it a b.s. excuse or whatever you will, but cause of the way my work shedule is, it is hard to be there as much as i'd like. so give me as much notice as you can and i will try to to al i can to get there and work and or throw some balls.

hey i miss you guys

p.v.