www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: can't decide
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:50 pm 

So I have my Xtra, and well, I want something else. Especially for Michigan this year, so I don't have to bum a marker off of someone. (Thanks again Azzy).

Anyhow, I'm looking at three markers.

1. Smart Parts Ion. They seem like a good marker, and I've read alot of good reviews on them. Some of you might cringe at the thought of buying sp though.

2. A-5. Reliable, good gun from what i've seen and read. I wouldn't have to get a hopper, nor an antisiphon tank. I guess I would save some cash.

3. 98. Reliable once again, a little easier on the pocket. But I'd like to get one with an e grip if I got one. Plus maybe a flatline.

Just what i've been considering. Your input would be appreciated.

See ya Sunday,

J.T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:45 am 
Site Admin

Hmmm...

Ion.. just like a car, i say wait a year.. most guns have problems first year (Ions have regs that like to blow the noid, at least early run ones)

Tippman seems to have had troubel in the lastfew months with the ratchets in the feeds, but customer support is top notch.

Cant go wrong with a 98, but not much of a difference from your current gun, except with maybe feel.

Flatlines arent worth the 100 dollars they charge, I wouldnt waste your money.

Trilogy cockers are supposed to be nice, and the entry level one handles CO2 easy, no reg, and has a snappy trigger from what I hear.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:04 am 
Trilogy cockers are nice, but you can't really adjust the trigger just perfect like you can with a normal cocker or sniper 2, althought they can't really go out of time. I got mine(well my sisters) with a bit too much blow back, so I had to adjust the pin on the hammer up a bit to time it.

I saw a guy with an ION when I sent to west point, seemed to be working well the 10 minutes I saw him using it......but you never know. Diablo also has the wraith with operates simalar to an intimdator only with a pushing the bolt back.

I perfer the 68. carbine or pro/carbine over the 98 or a5, same gun with a better reciever and the trigger can be just as light and short if you play with it, but its kind of like a spyder only in a line instead of stacked. Tippmanns above the pro-lite do have alot lighter springs then spyders which means less ball choping (tippmann bolts with pinch the ball sometimes) and less kick. Of course spyders can be made LP and use lighter springs also.

The automag is also a great gun, reliable and faster/better then a blow back(my opionion anyway). You should have a stablizer if you run c02 to mag though. The tac-one or ule RT are very nice underated guns.

Another option is an old used shoebox shocker, they are accutally good guns once you learn to grease the regs and internals, are capped at about 12BPS but most people can't shoot faster than that anyway.

I recently got an old angel at a thrift store near mt.lebanon with a nice nitro tank and loader for cheap. The gun is the nicest I have ever used, and has a very sentsitive trigger. Can't believe I found it there, may sell it to help fund my wedding not sure yet because I havn't used it. You can accutally find angel LED's for about 250, and with a fast loader they are very nice and reliable from what I heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:50 am 
if your looking at tippmanns there are new versions of the 98 and A-5.

the 98's are called "custom pro" or "pro custom" one of the two and come with a anno barrel, drop forward, and depending on what you want you could get the RT or the new MULTI MODE version.

the "new" A-5's just have an alluminum body, but now can also come with the muti mode settings-differant from the existing ones

also indian creek has BKO's that are at the same price of those IONS...still IONS seem pretty cool for their price and everything that it comes with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:16 pm 
Quote:
I recently got an old angel at a thrift store near mt.lebanon with a nice nitro tank and loader for cheap.

What store? I work in Mt Lebanon... and a few of the local places have my number for airguns and paintball guns that come in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:38 pm 

I believe it was called stars and stripes? May have been a different one. My future mother in law took us out looking for kitchen ware because I burned the bottoms of like all the pans. Any way it was somewhere past 300 lebanon shops, don't really know the area, some where by dormont and southhills village and mt. lebanon, I have got lost over there alot :oops: .

They also had a model 98 with two tanks that looked new but I bought that also, and a nice ryobi(SP) 9.6v drill and saw and light set that I also bought. I got in trouble though because when they said they wanted to go shopping I tried to play it smart and said I was broke then I started forking out all this money :lol:

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:48 pm 

thanks for the input, as always.

I'm actually looking at an 03 cocker right now. I'll let ya guys know how that ends up.

Thanks again,

see ya sunday.

J.T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:28 pm 

Its always best to get cockers used IMO because any part on the cocker can be replaced for about 20 bucks, even a body can be found for 30-40. I'd stick with the stock 3-way, it may be brass and what speed ballers would call "ugly", but its way more reliable and easy to time then the aftermarket ones I've used. Any cocker above 2000 should perform about the same, the only upgrades that really matter is the reg and barrel. Palmers is usally the best reg for c02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:38 am 

definately consider the ion. i play for penn state and i have gotten to play with my share of ions. we are heavily sponsored by sp and i was skeptic til i shot it a couple times. we took four of them down to nationals this year as backup guns, and i used one half an xball match and was extremely impressed. they are relatively fast, accurate, really quiet, and reliable. only things i dont like is the long feel of it at first and some come with a hard as hell to push on.off button.

bunkering terrorists :) Afghanistan 05-07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:01 am 

whats wrong with your cocker. best gun in the world. i just bought a 2002 vert feed and ive never been happier.

look at it this way, your cocker is probably a little slower than your e-guns, so its going to save you a TON of money in the long run on paint.