www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:32 pm 

My son & I want to try paintball & are seriously considering RR for our 1st game. Based on web reviews, yes they really do work, Here & crazy daves seem to be the 2 places to play.
The pricing page has me a little confused. It seems as though my son will pay 35.00 for all he needs, including 500rnds of paint. But since I bought a marker I will pay 35.00 to play plus an additional 20.00 for 500 rnds of paint. For a total of 55.00 to play. So it's more expensive to play if you have your own stuff?

Thanks for the help,
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:22 pm 

No, it will be $35 for each of you. Actually it might be $25 if you have your own gear - I am not sure about that. But it will not be more than $35 each.

RR is a great field, I hope you give it a try. Everyone is very friendly and you guys will have a great time. The playing field itself is incredible, it is huge and provides tons of great cover. It is definitely (in my opinion) the best place to play in Pittsburgh (although if it was not around I think Dave's would be my only other choice). I drive clear from Cleveland to play at RR because I don't care for any of the fields up here.

Just curious, what kind of marker did you get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:35 am 

Well, since my wife works near a Dicks SG I asked her to stop & pick up a Pirahna R6 Package (99.99) She said they didn't have it. So she got me one that was the same price...the "spyder sonix pro value pack". Was a little worried since I hadn't read anything about it online. I checked it out & it sounds like a rehash of a marker they used to make. As it doesn't look like the sonix pictures I found online. Had to dig to find the Sonix Pro. Only put about 40-50 AMP balls through it so far, but no problems. Was a little surprised at the lack of info that came with it. Has a diagram telling you what the parts are, but not how to use them. It has a Tourn. velocity adjust, but not what to do with it. Guess the guy who chronographs it will show me.

Tim

Post subject: spyder
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:49 am 

That spyder should do you well. Might want to upgrade the barrel at some point, or I'll bring ya one up to the field on sunday that you can use if you are there.

I'm interested to see the grip frame on that marker, because I hadn't seen one on a spyder similar to that one. Its angled differently and is pretty cool from what i saw on the box.

The velocity adjuster is easy to use. You either turn it in or out to adjust your fps. It tightens or loosens the spring inside i do believe.

Hope to see ya at the field.

J.T

Last edited by PaintYa on Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:29 pm 

No worries, they all work the same. I dont' really care for the Piranah R6's I think you will be happier with a spyder. Depending on which barrel Kingman put on it you might find it beneficial to upgrade that, but their 12" ported barrels work really well if that is the one on it.

They don't really come with a lot of instructions, but tech support is top notch at Kingman and most everyone at the field will be able to provide support if you need it.

Oh, and like PaintYa said, if you tighten the velocity adjuster it will increase your velocity. Crank it all the way down to target shoot - it still probably won't be over 300 FPS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, the paint is included in the price to play. Just think of it like $20 for paint and $15 admission / air.

Spyders are good guns, just dont shoot anyone before it gets chrono'ed, they come stock shooting as high as 420fps.. at least mine did.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:23 pm 

Azzy wrote:
Spyders are good guns, just dont shoot anyone before it gets chrono'ed, they come stock shooting as high as 420fps.. at least mine did.

Wow! My Pilot barely reached 280 FPS two weeks ago at the field. It was the first time I chrono'ed it. I suppose it is the extra porting in my aftermarket barrel.