www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello, New to the forums
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:32 am 

Hey all,

Just wanted to say hi, and had a few questions ( I ahve been searching for weeks now with no finds). My name is Mike, and hopfully amist my busy schedule I will be getting into the world of paintball this coming year. A bunch of guys from my fire station (Monroeville 5) have gotten into it so I decided I might as well. They originally were going to get into airsoft so I bought a bunch of that stuff, then they got those banned from the Firestation for having BBs laying all over the place. :lol: I told them If I go out and buy all this stuff for paint ball and they quit before next year I'm going to be "highly upset" (actual remarks NC-17 :lol: )

Anyways I had a few questions.

-I totally understand that you have to purchase and use field supplied paint. Now my question is do you allow any other types of weapons like Hand grenades or reusable mines grenades? I have two mines from Major paintball that use 12oz cartriges and a liquid paint. Is there a way to get them approved if so?

-I was looking at the field and wasn't sure if the whole field is used at once or if you have skirmishes at selected placments? Is there time limits for matches?

-What kind of equipment other than lasers are not permited?

I'm in the process of building a Tippmann A-5 more than likly into a sniper rifle. Yeah yeah I have read on some sites there is no such thing as a paintball sniper. Then other sites say there are. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I know there is more involed with being a sniper than sitting and waiting especially due to the actual longshot capabilities (or lack there of) of paintball guns.

So far I have purchased a J&J ceramic 16 barrell and Special Ops A-5 M249 Air through stock. I still need to get a tac cap, remote line and bottle, some type of raised weaver mount or raised dove tail mount and some tyep of optics. The wife is getting me all my ghillie and camo for Christmas :wink:

Anyways, thats my short intro and question post. Hope I get help instead of flamed :lol: . Now I just hope I have enough time between work and travelling for my club (Motorcycles and cars), to allow me pursue this addition hobby. I asked my wife if she wante dto get involved with me but she is too afriad its going to hurt to much..... :lol:

-Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:16 am 

I donno about the hand granades or mines you'd have to call

Buddy(The Owner). We use selected forts far apart and have a limit of 15

minutes. Some times we play a little longer but no more than 20 mins.

Thats usually how all the games are. We play alot of games throughout

the day. I've seen Tippmann granades be used but why spend 5-6 bucks

on a granade when you can use that for paint? Thats about it. I doubt

you'll get Flamed on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:58 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to the boards!

Grenades / mines shouldnt be a problem. Let a ref know what your up to with the mines, so they dont trip them :wink:

You can use the whole field, see the main page for game setups. If you have any ideas for other games, run them by the res, might just work out.

Lasrs and smoke grenades arent permitted. Anything else, we ask that you use common sence, and keep it safe :)

Sounds like a fun gun, I'll have to check it out once you get that tac-cap...

Bike and cars.. 8) 8) 8)

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:36 am 

I don't think flaming will be a problem here.

The game play is rather brief and quite intense. The type of play is Capture the Flag (CTF) and really doesn't last very long at all.

As far as sniping goes, you could probably set up near the fort and guard the flag. There are some places where you cannot cover the fort from a sniping distance due to terrain or vegetation. There are common and heavily used avenues of approach for each of the forts and you could possibly set up along the way. There are no boundaries and unless you have a spotter with you your 6 is likely to be compromised at any moment.

Your grenades would be useful if you are assaulting the other team's fort. Mines would be good if you stay back and defend the flag.

I used an A5 with a Flatline barrel and it was totally awesome. The flat trajectory makes hitting targets easier, especially with the dense vegetation.

Dont forget to check the For Sale forum periodically. i think I saw a remote line for sale for $20.

As far as your wife goes, tell her that there are women that play all the time. My wife goes and she says that the paintballs only hurt when she gets hit! She doesn't get hit alot...... Very loose and baggy clothing is the key. Anything tight to the skin makes the sting a whole lot worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:48 pm 

Cool thanks for the info so far.

Azzy the reason I asked about the mines was due to it using a free flowing paint when you fill it. I wasn't sure if that was a nono or not.

I will have more questions and I;m looking forword to playing in the spring. right now I;m about to pass out due to riding my bike about 250 miles today (ZX-12R) and I actually had to stop mid day and have tires mounted due to cords showing.....lol

YAY Hobbies....I got so many hobbies I;m currently selling ones off I don;t have time for anymore. Like One is my R/C airplane stuff. I have two brnad new planes and full set upgrades I;m trying to sell because all they are doing is taking up space in the spare bedroom. :lol:

Post subject: Is this you?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:19 pm 

Is this you?

http://www.newdawncustoms.com/ ?

After doing some research, i have concluded that it is you. Small world! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:16 pm 

:lol:

That would be me (us). If you couldn't figure out this is my 12 :D

http://www.newdawncustoms.com/newdawnc_ ... php?cid=42

Post subject: nice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:42 am 

Sweet bike. I would like to buy another sport bike, but have too many other priorities. It is gonna be a few years.

Once I saw the model airplane post everything became clear. Are there many Pittspeeders that play paintball?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:50 am 

Not sure, I havn't really asked on there yet. I saw the one guy that is friend's with Pewter looking for one in the classifieds. Not sure what that means. Right now my interest like stated was peaked from all the guys at my fire station.

Post subject: cool
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:16 pm 

No matter the influence, welcome to the world of paintball. I saw that your main influence was the guys at the firehall, but I guess I assumed that since you have been around Pittspeed for awhile you would know if there were alot of players there.

how much were you asking for your planes? I will spread the word in the other communities I belong to.