www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Forum suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

Any suggestions? Comments?

I would like this place to be a bit more livley.

1. To promote Riverside Renegade Paintball
2. to make it more interesting and fun for all of us.

Any suggestions on how to do that?

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject: Riverside
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:17 pm 

I generally try to promote Riverside and paintball as much as possible. I really enjoy playing there. If possible, I wouldn't mind volunteering a few hours for field cleanup in the near future, work permitting. I just switched jobs and am not sure of the hours yet.

I belong to other forums, some that are local. Whenever paintball is the topic I always try to talk about Riverside and have directed some people to the forums here.

I also try to recruit players at work. Hopefully those players will recruit other players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:15 pm 

I'm not sure how well this would work out, but what about doing some type of fundraising to use towards field modifications, MMG, etc. It would be incentive for riverside players to promote the field. You could sell subs, candy, etc. Certain companies have fundraising packages that you can do. They get a cut, then you get some of the procedes. Just throwing the idea out there. Let me know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:29 pm 

Can you do fundraising for a for-profit organization?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:36 pm 

Thats what Im not sure about. Just an idea I had to not only promote riverside, but also make some extra cash for the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Well my asking was to promote the website, which in turn promotes the field. All that other stuff has a thread already :)

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject: Azzy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:52 pm 

When I tell people about Riverside, I always tell them to check it out online and give them the website. Many of these are first time players that are now hooked and that are looking for gear. I always encourage them to register at the site and browse the forums, especially the classifieds.

How about:
Print some fliers that direct people to an online printable coupon good for $5.00 off the field fee or something like that. Then see if the local paintball stores (Fallout, Punishers, that joint in Gibsonia) will pass them out, or even put them in the larger retail stores that sell paintball supplies (Dick's, Walmart, Dunhams, Gander mountain). The hardest part would be convincing the retailers to allow the fliers. The website could have a link to a page for the printable coupon and some encouragement to sign up for the forums.

If the flier/coupon idea doesn't fly, try some posters with all the Riverside URL as the focal point. You could probably incorporate the printable coupon into the poster. Again, permission to display the posters at local paintball retailers would be the big issue.

A RiversideRenegades.com hot air balloon........

A RiversideRenegades.com banner towed behind a plane........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:39 pm 

That hot air ballloon is a really good idea, either that or some kind of sign, the first time I went to riverside we just about turn backed because we couldn't find the place, luckily I remembered the number of someone who played there before.

Maybe you could post bus schedules and routes to get there for people without cars?
I always suggest riverside to my friends when they want to play, but for some reason they are afford to go to the field by themselves. My two problems with playing at riverside are money(can't really help this I'm in college) and transportation.

I think the forums are really nicely done though, one of the best looking and easy to use web-sites I've seen, can't get much better than this for a small organization, and the way the pictures are displayed in the gallery is VERY NICE.

I do CS in school so I can really appreciate how much time it must have taken to do this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:00 am 

Just an idea I had:

I know that it is easy to notice names in the forums, but for those of us who are somewhat new to playing at riverside, its difficult to put names from the forums to faces at the field. Just wanted to see if there is a possibility of a bio page put up for regular riverside players with their picture, forum name, gun used, whatever other info might be useful. This way, newer players and people coming to the field for the first time can get a little background on the regulars. I've always had great experiences at the field with everyone being nice, this might just add to that. I know this would take some time to set up, but it is just an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:09 am 

that is a good idea