www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:24 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

Azzy, stop putting words in my mouth, i never said that Auto cockers were unreliable, i just said you have to keep up on the maintnance. my point is your experiance at paintball extreme when yours came out of time and you were out for 2 games tryin to retime it, Auto cockers a great guns, the only reason i don't shoot one is that i short stroke the trigger and chop balls. as far as the Mag goes i'll out distance everyone with my spyder, i have yet to see a Mag in my 10 years of playing paintball be a long distance gun. we can go on and on about this for ever, you just need to try out different guns and see what you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

Wasnt trying to put words in your mouth, its just a common misconception. Yeah, my cocker cam out of time, mainly bacuse I just broke in a new sear.

As far as the mags go, We can see once I close the deal on this valve and Level 10 kit :)

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:13 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

My knew cocker will PWNZJOO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:50 pm 

got pics of ur new cocker? or do we have to wait to see it as your shooting at us on the field? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, Im about to invoke POG rule 1 about new guns, all must have pics accompany talk of them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:28 am 

all i am going to say is look into all guns. you never know what you will like best. as has been said before, stop down the field and talk to some of the slightly twisted folks down there (myself incluced, definatly, twisted i mean) and ask them about there guns and is you could shoot them, heck i will let you shoot anyone of mine, i may even let you play a game or two with them.

as far as spyders, if it is broke i can fix it, i have probably the biggest spyder repair kits, have mucho cup seals and even some neat little trick that can get you thru in a pinch. azzy is good, but hey he had to learn somewhere. just like i learned form the master aka cmu matty

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:38 am 

cool. i returned my spyder though and got another one. hopefully this one doesn't leak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:11 pm 

if it does or you have any other problems or questions let me know. if i don't get back to you in a day or so talk to azzy, he know how to get ahold of me and or where i am at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:06 pm 

I had a tippmann A5 and for some reason the cyclone was shredding balls, It only would do it about once a game but it wasted so much time cleaning I just sold it, It was a great gun though and the flatline on it is excellent if you use it tho, I think I just got one with an old cyclone ( I later found out there have been two updates to the feed ).

I accutally was considering selling me current gun and getting an A5 with flatline instead, but decided to use it more then choose.

About 32 degrees(also known as nps, psycho ballistics, empire, many other names). The quality of their guns isn't that good. I had one and it reminded me of the old french guns used in WWI that would always jam and have problems, and the machine work on them wasn't that good. I ruined two of the psycho ballistics delta pistols in about 10 minutes, because no where in the 1 sheet of paper manuel did it states the pistols had to be cocked before putting on the c02 or it would blow the seals, maybe this is common knowledge but I didn't know it.

Then when I tried to take the 12 gram out because I think its empty the thing is so tight, I pull it and the c02 somehow had gas in it, even though nothing happens when I try to fire, and goes flying out like a rocket past my face!

I have had both spyders and Tippmanns and definatly perfer the Tippmanns, in the four years I've had mine it has never even broke an o-ring, or gone full auto or double fired or anything like that. When spyders first came out they were really well built, great guns had accurate alum-brass barrels, but as time went on they reduced the quality to sell them in mass price wars with brass eagle. Also with a spyder you have that powerfeed or vert feed always in your face and you need an expansion chamber in the winter, and even with one they ussaly don't do as well as tippmanns.

If your going to get a Tippmann though get an A5 if you plan to use RT, eletro firing stuff, or flatline, because it has the built in force feed and easy to align flatline. But if you want a cheap gun that is great stock get the model 98(custom) or pro/carbine. The pro/carbine is a little more reliable then the 98 because they shorted the trigger pull by making the bolt catch the sear a little loser, and I have seen two of these wear out after a couple months of use, and one wear out the second day of use. I heard Tippmann now uses hardened bolts to fix this though.

Oh about accuracy, spin on the ball also affects it somewhat as the flatline has shown, but I've only had one gun that puts spin like this on the ball and it was an early production Raptor. Somehow the upper bolt was moving about randomly because it was too small and putting "backspin" on the ball from different sides, causeing the ball veer off in a random direction just like the flatline if pointed to the side or upside down something. A another engineering marvel from brass eagle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Oh about accuracy, spin on the ball also affects it somewhat as the flatline has shown, but I've only had one gun that puts spin like this on the ball and it was an early production Raptor. Somehow the upper bolt was moving about randomly because it was too small and putting "backspin" on the ball from different sides, causeing the ball veer off in a random direction just like the flatline if pointed to the side or upside down something. A another engineering marvel from brass eagle.

For about 100 dollars less than the flatline, you can get a cooper-t undershot bolt, and an oversized barrel (like REALLY BIG BORE) and have the same affect.

Or, save all your money and move closer....