www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:04 pm 

this is a monster game at the skirmish field in eastern pennsylvania. it takes place septemeber 11 and 12 this year. maybe we should look in to it. http://www.skirmish.com/scenario.html . they play 7 hours each day with insertions every half hour. admission is only $12 for both days since there are so many people going to be there. paint is field paint only at $70-$80 a case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:10 am 

yah its an option. i think it would be a whole lot easier than MMG cause its closer than michigan and its cheaper. i think it could work out, but around here the mmg is the holy roller of big games.

bunkering terrorists :) Afghanistan 05-07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:02 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

If you are talking about the Poconos, when we went one time the reff-ing was horrible. We never made the decision to go back as far as I know....unless you are talking about a different Skirmish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:20 pm 

also mmg is about a six hour drive and guess what. the poconos is about the same time for driving. have been to the game before, not to bad, but not good either. myself. i would only consider going back if the renegades as a whole decided to go.

big games need, read NEED, the best reffing staff. if not safety is out the window which is bad for all of us. and the last time i played skirmish, the reffing was in the toliet....

but by all means i suggest that all who are interested should jgo and check it out. just please watch out.

that is all i got to say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:23 pm 

I myself have never been to Skirmish, but my team went to Skirmish DDay this summer. Most of them have decided never to go back. According to them, the reffing was a joke; at one point, my team waited more than an hour looking for a ref to sign a mission card. Chronoing was "required" but they didn't even bother punching your cards after you chrono, and weren't doing spot checks. Hot shooters were rampant, resulting in a friend of my teammate needing stitches to close a wound from a hit. Apparently, all the refs did on the second day was check for field paint.

I'm happy to take a ride to get to a good game, but Skirmish does not seem to be the place to do it.

Edit: EMR hosts awesome games. I went with my team to RotK this summer, everyone had a really great time. All the guys who have been playing scenarios for years said it was among the best-run games. MXS, who works with EMR to do their scenarios, has a huge reputation.