www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: away games in general
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:37 pm 

i just need to get this off of my chest.

i keep seeing all these good posts about different away games and such, which is great. but what know one understands is there is a very small handful of us that actually do the leg work and plan these things (and deal with buddy and his buddyisms).

i have a hard enough time collecting money for shirts and hats, reg fees, etc. from people when i basically can tell you how much and when the next mmg will be. i told everyone that i talked to this year when it would be and how much it would cost. and yet now i have an order in for hats and shirts that i don't have all the money for the order. because people "forgot". so know i need to pay for about half of this out of my own pocket, my michigan money. you know me and buddy are not millionaires, so now if i pay for all these shirts i may not have the money left to go to michigan. maybe i will be able to get it back when i collect from those who ordered them, and what should i do with the people who ordered shirts and hats and are no longer going to michigan because they don't have the money. and most of these people told me about a week ago after the orders where put in.

now do you folks out there realize why we have not been getting shirts the last year or so? the people that help me organize these trips are not daddy warbucks that can just go out and drop 1 or 2k down on shirts and hats and hope that everyone pays for them. so instead we just don't order them anymore, then i get to hear everyone piss and moan that they want a shirt, why didn't you guys order them.

it is not like i even ask much just a simple hey this is the due date for such and such please bring the money to me by this day. heck i even extended the due date with no penelties. buddy is not trying ti become rich off of this, all i ever wanted to do was make enough extra cash to send buddy for free (meaning paint, air, and reg fees). but 9 times out of 10 we are in the hole, can someone tell me how this happens.

i even told all of you out there that you could pay me in increments to make it easier, i have done this in the past for a few people and ask them i have never taken any money from them.

how can i make it anymore easier? i know hit the lottery and pay for everyone. you know i have a day job and a family also i know that things come up and it just messes up your whole world, and i will do anything i can to help you out, all i ask for in return is a little help. hey pay the money on the deadline and i will be happy.

sorry to have taken all of your time up, but i have to go now and find some last minute things out for michigan

p.s. - please post or p.m. me with and responses, questions, or anything else. prefer that you post here so everyone can see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:55 pm 

To quote our previous president, "I feel your pain" Jayson. For years a group of my friends and I would go whitewater rafting on the Gauley River (or New River) in West Virginia. Year after year I organized the event and year after year I wound up getting killed with deposits and people not showing up. I finally just gave up. Now I get email asking when the next trip is. Everyone always talked about how great those trips were, but I never heard anyone say "thanks" or anything like that.

[now the cheesy part]

Thanks Jayson :D

I really appreciate you taking the lead on this Jayson. Thanks to you (and anyone else on the planning committee) we're going to kick some major arse at Michigan this year! :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:41 pm 

well people are cheap and idiots. not exactly in that order.

bunkering terrorists :) Afghanistan 05-07