www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:31 pm 

madcat maybe you can help answer this for me. what is all this talk of lets sit down and discuss stratagy? is it a "newb" to mmg thing or something. makes me laugh, but then i did like you guys to and tried that approach. actually the renegades as a whole tried it. those that went to the first big skirmish game (believe it was buddy's second trip and our first). long story short didn't work. if you want the long story let me know. as far as where we are sleeping first and formost we need a hard number (people who say they are going then cancel out at last minute are not copunted in the hard numbers) of how many are going.

now i know that stuff comes up. but not having the cash, when i give you a very close estimate of how much it will cost a year before the game is not an excuse. an excuse would be my wife just had a baby, death of a family member, job stuff. you know stuff that you can't plan around.

so start saving you cash and if you have trouble saving it let me know. ask azzy or phoneix, they will tell you what i mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:03 am 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

For the Michigan Monster Game 2005, I would like to see a number of Renegades volunteer for Swamp Creature patrol. Those of you who remember Bill Bishop and I wearing waders and patrolling the swamp in 2004 will remember how effective it was, particularly when Buddy was directing us. Time and time again, as the Renegades were advancing, Buddy would send us two out into the swamp to creep up beside the opposing team surreptitiously. We'd flank them or even get behind them, then attack, startling them; at the same time the rest of the Renegades would attack from the front, and they'd be forced suddenly to fight a two-front battle. It worked extremely well and was a great deal of fun because you basically were startling the bejeebers out of people all the time.

To make it work as good as it could, though, would require a patrol of maybe eight people slinking through the swamp. So consider if you would like to join up with the Swamp Creatures patrol for 2005. A pair of neoprene waders makes your life happier, as does a gun without an electronic trigger (since that kind of trigger tends to stop working if accidentally dunked).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:54 am 
Site Admin

your best bet for guns in that situation are old pumps, VM's, 68 specials (or most older tippmans) ...etc. Anything old and like a tank.

Count me out for that action, I almost got lost to the weeds below too many times, ill stick to the shallows and the flanking squads.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:18 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

well, speaking of that, I have a VM that I like to use in the swamp. It's got a small problem, though. After you cock it, it will fire just fine and re-cock itself like it should. but then somehow the air will slowly leak out of somewhere so that if you wait too long, when you pull the trigger, you get nada. if you pull the trigger immediately after cocking, whether manually or by auto, it fires, however. also if you keep continually pulling the cocking lever back every 20 seconds or so, this too will keep the gun charged with air and ready to fire.

bad cup seal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

Might be, that was my first thought. Could just need to be taken apart and given a nice rebuild / cleaning.

Ask buddy, he's an expert on getting and keeping the things running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:49 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

ken, i'd love to be a swamp creature, but my new assignment is point with my high rate of fire.

Post subject: MMG2005
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:46 pm 

I'm looking forward to another year at the MMG, I had a great time last year, except when my gun went down. I'll have two this year, and a spring for P.Valiant.

Lates,

J.T.

Post subject: FPO
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:41 pm 

as far as the fpo situation at this years coming monster, it does look like the monster game will be fpo.

i don't think that will be so bad, i mean riverside is fpo; isn't it? no one seems to have a problem with that. as far as the price goes. you would not get it much cheaper here. unless you were either buying crap or you get a discount on some stuff like we have in the past. and most people were shooting stingers and stuff, no one has been shooting good stuff like marbs, all star, or evil.

so what is the big deal? granted we do not know how the stuff will break, shoot or anything. we are however attempting to get an answer to these questions, from some reliable sources. not just calling up hell surviors and saying "you is this paint any good" of course they will say it is good whether it is or not.

so lets find out if it is any good first. for all we know it is as good and marbs and made by rps. we don't know.

i have a question, those that say they are not going if it is fpo only why is that? you are going to let a 50-60 dollar case of paint get in your way of a good game? or is it cause you want a particular brand of paint. how much was you planning/thinking you would spend on paint for michigan?

i'm sorry if you are not going to the game cause of this

lets keep this discussion going, but keep it civilized

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:35 am 
Site Admin

My main beef is the fact I have some rather uniqe guns that cant have the barrels changed.

But, I have backups of backups of backup.. so, not a problem, Just puts dampers in my plans... possibly. it could turn out to be great paint. Lets think it will be, untill I hear otherwise. I have soem friends that live up that way that are going to check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:34 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

All I'm worried about is getting ripped off. But then again, I'm used to getting ripped off, I'm a perfect target for getting ripped off, people know they can rip me off--so why should I let that stand in the way of me having a good time at MMG?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next