www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:57 pm 

Matt Drown wrote:

Was going to ask what you use, I've been tempted to take equipment out on speedball fields here, but didn't want to clean them or ask for insurance coverage. You using the Kata rain covers, or something simpler? Cleaned anything off already?

I've been shooting canon stuff for awhile now (http://www.mattdrown.com/photos/)

I was going to get a Kata but they are so expensive. I picked this up instead and it seems like a good product... MMG will be the first real test for it. Smaller woodsball games don't really need it I don't think.

http://fotosharp.com/16_rain_cover_w_ve ... ning_.html

I have never taken a hit to a camera, my buddy did once. It was a mild hit and cleaned off easily. I have been on some forums where guys said they have taken hits and been able to clean it out with no problem, but it really scares me.

I have all of my gear covered with insurance... but I rely on it for my wedding photography business (www.nephotography.com) and I am not rich enough to replace it if something happens.

I think speedball is much riskier than woodsball because you have to fight to get cool angles that put you in the line of fire. It is amazing how much one gets shot while taking photos though.

Cool surf photos, looks like it would have been fun to be at. I really want to get some big glass like that lens the one photographer had in your photo.

Also, check with State Farm for a Personal Articles Policy to cover your gear ... it is pretty inexpensive. As long as you are not a full time professional you can qualify... part time pro pays a little extra but not bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:30 am 
Site Admin

I've got home owners covering my camera gear, made sure of all that back when I went on the safari. :)

I'll bug you to look at the nikon equipment on sunday, I'm curious on how the nikon stuff behaves. I chose canon just because I had a couple basic lenses from film days.

Just to get your blood moving, here's a shot from the city back in 2004... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 am 

I have an inexpensive Canon 4 megapixel camera that I'll be bringing along. Frankly, I hope it does take a direct hit and explodes! That's the only way I'll be getting another camera (wife - need I say more :))

That's a really cool shot Matt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:35 pm 

Matt Drown wrote:
I've got home owners covering my camera gear, made sure of all that back when I went on the safari. :)

I'll bug you to look at the nikon equipment on sunday, I'm curious on how the nikon stuff behaves. I chose canon just because I had a couple basic lenses from film days.

Yeah, I never got into the Canon vs Nikon thing. I think both systems are head & shoulders above the other stuff out there (pentax, olympus, sony).

If I had lenses I would have bought Canon, I didn't have anything and after a lot of research I liked the Nikon offering & always liked Nikon film cameras a lot.

The D300 will blow you away, it is one hell of a camera. I expect Canon's response to it to really be an impressive piece of hardware as well.

I have heard that once you get use to Canon ergonomics you won't like the Nikon. I chose Nikon for the ergonomics and now if I pick up a Canon I am lost and really don't care for how it handles.

Nice shot from the village, that did get me pumped to go out and take photos. I can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:38 pm 

MadCat wrote:
I have an inexpensive Canon 4 megapixel camera that I'll be bringing along. Frankly, I hope it does take a direct hit and explodes! That's the only way I'll be getting another camera (wife - need I say more :))

That's a really cool shot Matt!

If you or anyone is looking for an inexpensive but capable camera I am actually selling my very well liked Fuji.

http://clevelandpaintball.com/forums/sh ... php?t=1026

I have 3 digital SLR's now so I found myself not using the Fuji. Rather than let it sit with my old film gear I figured it was worth selling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:40 pm 

good luck this year boys! i wish i could make it out but im leaving this monday for the marines so i guess i cant. just wanted to say peace out and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:44 pm 

jefdee wrote:
good luck this year boys! i wish i could make it out but im leaving this monday for the marines so i guess i cant. just wanted to say peace out and good luck.

Could you have picked a hotter month to go to South Carolina?

I made the same mistake :) My first day on the island was August 20, 1987. 3rd Battalion, I Company. Platoon 3090

Oh Rah!

Full Metal Jacket was released just before I went to boot camp. I made the mistake of watching it just days before the fateful trip to the MEPS station.

If you haven't seen it yet....here's a recurring theme:

Good luck!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:16 am 

Stay safe Jefdee. remember bushes may stop/break and paintball, but not real bullets.

watch your Six

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:41 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

Mike Banazak is going, he just sent me a text askin for the Kensington inn number for reservations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:52 pm 

The Kensington Inn has its own website

http://www.kensingtoninn.com/

the phone number is 517-548-3510

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next