www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Advice on a stingray?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:56 pm 

My bro has an Old sting ray. The way you cock the gun is like the tippman 98's. I'm gunna put an adapter on the co2 peice so he doesnt need those 12 grams so he can use the 9oz. Is thier anyother modifacation i could stick on that gun? a new barrel maybe, it doesnt have any threads its like those pump one that you stick 2 pins on the top and the botttom of the outer side. So I figured to ask you cuz i kno you like to mess with them old guns and stuff. If anyone esle know's stuff gimme some advice please
well Cya sundays!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Advice? use the enter button. Its your friend :)

Dont know anything about stingrays. Had a brief foray into the world of Brass Eagle guns, but most of them arent all that great.

Check out the Brass Eagle owners group. A quick google search should turn you up a few places dedicated to modifying Stingrays. Oh, and you dont need an adapter to use a co2 tank, just unscrew the 12 gram adapter.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:24 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

I had a Stingray back in the day it is hard for me to admit. I think the best mod out there is the "vertical file" mod I have heard it is easy to do and takes no tools if you look around the net someone should be able to help you. The Stingray is not all bad the best thing about it was that it was mass produced and easy to find one in any Wal-mart Sears or K-Mart back when most sporting goods stores did not carry any markers at all. These guns introduced MANY people into the sport. The monetary worth of the marker/Brass Eagle is $0 but the impact the Co. had on the sport is very important. They were able to mass market the sport on a large scale where smaller companies like WORR or Palmer's and even AGD could not afford it. That is the best contribution to the sport. I hope some people see a little more than just a plastic marker when they look at a Stingray.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:45 pm 

I have 12-15 stingrays, there okay but not great, the stock barrel has pretty good accuracy, but thats about all the gun has going for it. Stingray is one gun you can't bang around, because if you hit it right it will blow off your whole tank along with some of the o-ring's in the gun, this is because the power tube is connected to the CA adapter and it has happened to all five of my sisters multiple times.