www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: what do theese offer?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:05 pm 

What is the advantage of having a LPS? (low pressure system)

Is compressed air a better air to be shooting? What can it do for your gun?

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:25 pm 

As far as I kno having a Low pressure chamber means it saves you air to shoot your ball. So you will have more air and that will mean you'll shoot more balls off of your 9oz tank. Its a subtraction of air, to give you more shots off of less air . a regulator does the same thing. Yet I also heard if you modify your gun with less and less air to shoot a ball then it wont recock it self because it wont have enough air to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

OK, lets use this chance to educate.

1. low pressure in a paintball gun is a side effect. In a gun that is tuned to be efficient, it may end up at a lower pressure that originally. TRYING for low pressure will end you up with an unreliable gun that eats more of any gas you throw at it. Why would it make you use more air? Simple physics. In paintball, we use the expansion of a pressurized gas to propel a paintball through a smooth bore. If you take away the energy of expansion (lower the pressure) you end up having to use more of it. There is a balance on every gun, and some are designed to run at a certain pressure.

For instance, Automags love HIGH pressure. Get and RT Pro, feed it 1000psi, and you have one wicked fast gun. Feed it a low pressure and it doesn't turn on. Same with a stock spyder or similar blowback. Feed it 800 psi (normal for CO2) and you have a pretty decent efficient gun. Feed it 600, and it wont recock.

2. Low pressure HPA systems usually put out 400 psi. Frankly, this can actually be a bad thing, as you want your air source to have twice the pressure of your regulator, IE, my cocker runs about 300 psi, so I need a tank that puts out 600 or higher for it to not suffer from shoot down (air starvation).

3. HPA as a gas has less oomph to work a paintball gun. If your gun is set up for CO2, then it might run best on CO2. Some people claim that CO2 is a dirty gas. These same people don't realize that most CO2 comes from beer and ice distributors, and use food grade CO2. Yep, the same stuff that fizzes up your pop and beer. Not dirty. Then a lot of HPA stations fill up from a compressor. Usually not breathing quality, unless you go to a dive shop.

Spell check my friends :) please.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

Oh yeah, I forgot. One of the advantages to compressed air is the fact that it is not as effected by outside temperature. CO2 can be a pain to use in colder days when the heat isn't there to boil off the CO2 fast enough, leaving you with a gun that acts up.

Also, HPA is regulated at the bottle. You have a regulator there at the top of the bottle.

Downsides -

Its expensive. HPA tanks start at ~80 dollars and go up from there.

They aren't as durable. Scratch a fiber wrapped tank, and then you have to get it hydro tested and see if it can be fixed.

Some guns that normally run on CO2 will not run on HPA. It lacks the same expansion rate as a gas. This is one of the reason Palmer's Pursuit shop suggest running their double barrel guns on CO2.
-----------

Anyone that tells you that you need HPA doesn't know all the facts. I run my Autococker in 22 degree weather no problem with my setup. I can run my Vector on anything in cold weather, even liquid CO2. Ive seen guns run rock solid on CO2 when set up properly. More than one of my personal guns have shot consistently +/- 2 feet per second using un regulated CO2.

Some people will tell you its a "noob" thing.

A smart person once said this : "Most players go from novice to pro before they wise up and go back to amateur."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:50 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

WOW!!! One thing what unregulated gun shot +/- 2fps on CO2 I would guess that it was a pump. I agree that low pressure is a fad and a marketing ploy to some degree but some of the advantages are a quieter gun and less stress on the paint that you shoot (initial stress).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

One was a pump, my Maverick gets that often, very easy. The other one was the ICE Panther I sold. Ask Phoenix, it was shooting +/_ 1-2 FPS at the chrono, and shooting darts with dual tanks, probably running liquid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:46 am 

WOW! :P I would have never known this. It all makes sense though.

I guess thats why your the expert :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:25 am 
Site Admin

Not an expert, just have done my homework before buying the guns I have.