www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:48 pm 

who makes the up grade parts for the Icon Z?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:07 am 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

The ICON Z is a Spyder clone so most Spyder parts may work for the ICON Z. Also what parts are you looking for. Some parts are standard like a reg with ASA threads will fit my Cocker and my Spyder. The valves and springs though are not interchangeable. I guess it all depends on what you want to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Icon Z? well, originally in the 90's Motneel(sp?) made the Icon Z's.. but then NPS bought the licenses off of them and turned it into a stacked tube blowback.

Your's was marketed by National Paintball Supply (NPS) and probably made in some Korean factory along with 10 other spyder clones.

So what works with it? Some Spyder parts fit, some piranha parts fit, but it is mainly trial and error.

Main thing is, what do you NEED to upgrade? Or are you upgrading for the sake of you want to say you upgraded it? You aren't going to urk much more performance out of it without some major changes, which in the scheme of things are not worth it.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:11 pm 

I want and electric trigger but the E force doesnt fit so what should i get?like now i need new parts cuz i didnt have a click to hold the Connecting pin in place and as i was shooting it messed everything thing up inside then i had to fix the whole inside so now i need a new bolt(my other one shot some peice out the middle of it plus itts all scratched up and stuff) and I really need a striker plug cuz the connecting pin destroyed it basically i need and want all new inner pieces. But like the drop forward is
my choice i want a longer one. but yea thats everything that i need , but i dont wanna spend a crap load of money on parts that dont fit because you cant return them. so ur help would be greatly aprecciated! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Dude, really. Not trying to be an ***, but that hurt to read.

OK...

Quote:
I want and electric trigger but the E force doesn't fit so what should i get?

NPS has what you need, it has to be specific to the IconZ. you would of been better off to get it in the first place. If you really want to keep the gun, I can show you some tips on how to do a trigger job (once a very nice thing to have on a PB gun) that will be a LOT cheaper.

Quote:
now i need new parts cuz i didnt have a click to hold the Connecting pin in place and as i was shooting it messed everything thing up inside

Didnt have a what and it messed up how?

Quote:
now i need a new bolt(my other one shot some peice out the middle of it plus itts all scratched up and stuff)

Spyder and their kin have a habit of chewing up bolts. it comes from rubbing against poor tolerance bodies and feeds. Gonna happen. Mine ran fine for years with a scratched bolt. As for the part that flew out the middle, that would be your "venturi" piece. Its a useless piece of metal, if we are talking about the same thing. I pulled mine out a long time ago, no problem. So I would not be concerned with the bolt. The only bolt out there that is worth upgrading to is the JAM bolt, which acts as an anti-chop. Don't know if it would fit your gun though, but you could email them and ask. Check the tech forum for the link.

Quote:
I really need a striker plug cuz the connecting pin destroyed it

Which part are you talking about? The back part that holds it all in? That rubber piece?

Quote:
But like the drop forward is
my choice i want a longer one.

Any one with offset "Spyder style" holes will work, and if you get an adapter block (Lapco makes them) you can use ANY drop forward. Check ebay for decent prices, but look around, don't hop on the first thing you see.

My question to you is how did you mess up your gun like you are describing? Did you put gunpowder in it and proceed to shoot propane out of it around a campfire?
Bring it up Sunday, I will see what I can do. And if you are serious about keeping and using the gun, I can help you fix it up into quite a nice shooter, with just the parts you have.

You my young friend need to not go down the path of upgrade-itis. Its a sure fire way to loose lots of money.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]