www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Air?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:24 pm 

I've been looking at some different markers which are supposed to be used with HPA and or Nitrogen. I am curious to know which tanks will work efficiently enough for playing at the field here. I know buddy doesn't always have it, so that is a concern. Can these markers, (omens,bkos, etc) run on co2 without malfunctioning? I think some of you guys run your impulses on co2 don't you? Just curious if anyone can help me out here. I'd appreciate it. I don't think angel air is needed, but i want to know basically if the $80 hpa tanks that put out 850 a shot are worth it.

Thanks,

J.T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:59 pm 

Just get an anti-sphion tube $5, and a palmers inline reg $57. You can use c02 just like HPA. I would also look into the oddessy 03 or the Dragun the one. They operate just like a bko or impulse and in my experince are very reliable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Odyssey has cool stuff, but the customer service is horrible. Heard too many complaints about the Halo's breaking and no replacements available, from too many shops, not just owners. ICD has GREAT customer service, they will even fix guns they no longer make (like the desert fox).

A good anti-siphon setup and good reg will do you right in most guns. PPS, AKA, and Air America make some of the best, and most reliable plus service is great. If you go with an AKA or AA reg, let them know you are using CO2, they will give you harder reg seats that are friendlier to liquid CO2.

Now here is the important part, that most people wont tell you. You may not be able to switch gasses. Let me explain.

I have my main auto-cocker set to run 350-400 psi from an anti-siphon CO2 tank. it shoots within +/- 3 fps with decent paint, better with great paint. Attach my HPA tank, and it leaks like a Oldsmobile driven off a bridge. PPS tells me that it is because of CO2 being a more dense gas.

The only time I have trouble with that setup is in extreme cold, like when it is in the single digits. I get frost to hell and back on the stabilizer, and a little shoot-down. in good weather, however, I can get 3/4 a case off of a 14oz tank. Heck of a lot lighter than my fiber wrap crossfire 68/3000, and cheaper too.

Now I wont count out using a Smart Parts max-flow on CO2, they were originally designed to run that way. While great regs, they do require a little more maintenance, so buy a nice big tube of "shocker lube" or what the rest of the world calls it, Dow33 multi purpose lube (available for 1/2 the price through grainger and I think mcmaster.com)

OK, enough of my rambling.... :)

BKO - Good guns, efficient, run great. No bad price either.
Dragun the one- good idea, customer support very lacking (or so I have been told)
O3 - Supposed to be good, questionable service.

One of the fines electro's you will ever find is an AKA viking. Top notch machining, solid feeling, great service, great guys over there to deal with. No longer made because of certain other companies pursuing lawsuits, but parts still being made and one of the fastest guns out there. You can find them for decent prices used, but will still be in the 400+ range.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:20 pm 

The reason I never got a BKO is because they lacked eyes and I heard the regs had to be adjusted perfectly everytime you played, but I think the new 05 versions have eyes and maybe the 04's.

I did see a 03? viking on ebay for 520 buy it now and that would definatly be worth because you would be getting a good gun you wouldn't need to upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

There are mods out there for the BKO that have the effect of the Level10 for the automag, and work as well. I think you can get them with eyes as well now. As for the regs, the old stock ones werent all that hot, but the same could be said for the old Worr games LPR's... every game, in the game, etc.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:36 pm 

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

J.T.