www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cheap gun upgrades
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:14 pm 

I have a new vl triad. I am going to buy a new barrel for it because the balls always break. What other upgrades can I put on. Can I still use smart parts or any other brand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:19 pm 

The first upgrade I would get was a new gun, the triad is only 50 bucks, just save up and buy a custom 98, the springs on tippmanns are much lighter so your chance of breaking a ball is very low, I've never broke one using a custom 98, but would all the time with my spyder-clones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:37 pm 

chopping balls might be because your shooting too fast and a paintball gets drops half way and your bolt chops the ball....if u still want a upgrade and aren't gettin a new gun,get a electric hopper, a viewloader revelution or an empire reloader 1,don't make them any more, or a reloader 2.

(tippmans and piranahas/spyders are good alternatives to your triad and are cheap)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

jb, thats not sound nor practical advice.

You best 2 bets are a barrel.. and well, thats about it for a VL gun. (I have one here that I am turning into a pump...) They take Spyder threaded barrels, so check ebay for a good deal on A lapco or J&J barrel.. they pop up all the time. If your barrel is too small, then the paint breaks from friction. Too large, and then you have roll outs and low velocity.

Regulators can help most paintball guns, by keeping your velocity steady (don't worry about low pressure, its a marketing ploy if you strive for it. LP is a result of proper gun tuning.

If you want to put a regulator on it, then you need a special adapter made by Lapco. And a different bottomline, unfortunately. BE/VL uses a strange threading for their fittings, 3/16 reverse threaded, I believe.

And as mentioned, get yourself an electronic hopper. If you keep your rate of fire at a manageable rate, it will cut down on miss feeds (and save you paint)

Try to find a good deal on an old "pre brass eagle" 9v revolution, or on a Re-Loader. Both are great, and not too expensive.

Another thing to remember, changing your bolt will not do anything for you. It doesn't do much in most guns, but make the owner's pocket lighter. (There are exceptions, but very few of them)

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject: gun upgrades
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:26 pm 

as stated, i'd go with a new barrel, and a maybe a new electro hopper of some sort..

laters,

J.T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:29 pm 

Just saying that because alot of the cheap VL's and brass eagles seem to chop for no reason, mine did all the time and so did a guy at the field who had a green triad, I tried elminating as many variables as I could but never figured out why either of our guns were chopping, my only guess was there was some how so much blow back it would accutally shoot the closest ball into the ball stack and weaken it, then when fired break it.

Lower presure might do the trick and I was going to try it on the brass eagle gun I had and later gave my sister, but never got the chance, because she upgraded.