www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Want an Autococker?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.800paintball.com/Shop/Contro ... /SFV/30363

Psycho Ballistics Lightning, Lightning Deluxe, or a SuperBolt for $100.

Lightning vs the Lightning Deluxe, the deluxe has a double swing trigger, while the normal has a slide trigger. Both take normal AC upgrades. They are full size cockers. Required upgrade would be some form of regulator to drop the input pressure down to 200-400 psi. You can not easily upgrade the vertical feed. It's removable, but not threaded. 15 degree ASA.

Superbolt is a minicocker base. It's a copy of the dye ultralight. The back block is a p-block, and has some custom twist lock bolt. To replace the bolt you would either need to buy a new back block, or drill a hole through it, and then purchase evo style bolts (they are just slightly shorter). Double swing trigger, vertical ASA. Vertical feed is threaded, so can be replaced with a different feed neck if you want. Also requires a regulator to use.

800 paintball had a deal where you could get a lightning deluxe and a halo B loader for $150. That's what I picked up. Unfortunately they've now raised the price to $200 for the combo, so not as good a deal. The lightning deluxe out of the box was pretty much timed and read to go. I adjusted the sear to fire slightly later, and added an old WGP regulator to it. Playing yesterday with it everything worked fine.

So if you want to fiddle with a mechanical autococker, and see how they work, etc. Now's your chance to pick one up for $100.

For those of you looking for a cheap sear tripping spyder clone:
http://www.paintballgateway.com/m3drcoandcol.html
$40 for a simple electro semi only model. Pretty hard to beat.

If you have any autococker questions, not electro questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Matt Drown on Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

One thing I heard abotu these guns was that the LPR is a cheap clone of the DYE LPR, and can be finicky.

But LPR's still come at a decent price these days (Heck, I have 4 of them laying around), so its still not a bad deal.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

LPR seems to work fine for me. The swing trigger changes the cocker trigger considerably. On slide triggers, you had no leverage for changing the 3-way, so the LPR pressure was important to lower it down. On the swing trigger, you have more leverage so you feel the lpr pressure on the 3way less. Either way, you aren't going to get 20 BPS out of the gun, but that's not what you buy a mechanical cocker for.

The one thing i forgot to mention that both guns are missing is a beavertail. Some fields may not let you play without one. I would suggest one just to keep from whacking your mask if you play with a drop forward or anything similar. My only other weirdness was that the 45 frame does not accept a simple duckbill ASA. The bill part of the ASA isn't long enough to clear the back of the 45 frame. So I had to use an angled ASA off the back. If you are using a drop, you won't ever notice a difference.

Post subject: Valve tools
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:35 pm 

I don't suppose anyone knows a convient location to pick up a valve tool for a cocker? I'm in the process of transfering the internals from an old cocker body I had into a vert feed so that I can put a pump kit onto it. Unfortuantly, I can't find my VT for the life of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:05 pm 

I once used the cocking rod to take out the valve, and it worked. It may have been an aftermarket rod though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

action village and g3pb appear to have them. if g3pb has it in stock, you could order monday morning, and you'ld have it wednesday or thursday. If you want to wait forever, I'll bring it up to MMG... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

I have one as well...

they come with a WGP rebuild kit too.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:33 pm 

Thanks, I'll have to check those out this week. Bring the gun tally back up to three.
Won't be at MMG...have to be in Florida to start my new job on the 18th.