www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

I'm look at picking up a new barrel, or barrel system, since paint locally seems to have gotten smaller and smaller. Cheap paint out here in california is rolling through my lapco autospirit barrel (.687), and by rolling, i mean dropping like rocks.

Now this really isn't good for accuracy or consistancy. So I thought about picking up a freak insert kit and the whitewolf "justice" barrel. But my other option is picking up some more lapco barrels. They are now making a "MicroShot (.684)" and a "PicoShot (.682)".

What are people using? And anyone have any clue what the paint a the monster game will be like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:25 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
It appears to be Diablo/Draxxus, around the same quality as Blaze. It shot just fine out of my Emag Saturday at GC so it should be good for most folks. It was running around .685-.687 for the most part.
- http://www.mcarterbrown.com/cgi-bin/ind ... 5&start=15

I use an old AA barrel on my cocker for small paint, its the .679 from one of their old 3 barrel kits.

And if that doesnt work, there is my vector, which has a .7 bore (from what I can measure), and shoots consistant every time. Doesnt help efficency at all, but then again, on that gun, I'm not looking for any.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:12 pm 

The .684 microshot has worked excellent for draxxus and pmi prem paint. I don't think I ever had a roll out or break in the field of course this is using a stock class sniper 2 so I only fired <1000 rounds, but the accuraccy the thing gave was amazing, at scenarios most of my kills were from 40-75 yards away, because I tried to keep my distance from the autos. I had a fancy red-dot site tuned in and set up evalvated so it would hit targets at 50-60 yards and it accutally worked, dead on every time.

That barrel with the sniper 2 was the most accurate gun I had, also using lighter springs and tweaking the trigger will get your accuracy better because the gun will move less during firing.