www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 06 Spyder Electra w/ eye
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:37 am 

I'm looking to replace my current marker (a spyder classic: real old-school). I'm not too hardcore into the game and don't have $500+ to spend. I would say $250 is my max.

I am looking at getting the new 2006 Spyder Electra. It is at the top of my list right now, but i was wondering if there were any opinions out there on it first before i make the purchase. Or if you a have an alternate recommendation in my price range, I'd like to hear it.

Some of my questions have to do with the trigger frame. This gun comes with a walking trigger. I kind of like the idea of a walking trigger, but haven't tried it yet. I read somewhere that you can't use a walking trigger in tournaments. I'm not a tournament player, but am interested in maybe getting into some of those scenario games, like the Michigan trip. So when somebody says it's not allowed in tournament play does that mean just speedball, or does that also include those big scenario games?

Any quick feedback would be nice since I have seen a few deals for it on ebay where I can get it about $20-30 cheaper than in the store + "no tax"

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:27 am 

Get the MR2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:46 am 

kingman makes a nice gun. have not used a rocking trigger myself. as far as i know it would be allowed in scenerio play. it would also be allowed at the michigan monster game. as long as it is semi-auto, one pull, one shot it should not be a problem at recball games

but just so you know you can pick up brand new ion for 200 buck. i know that fallout paintball has them for this price and you could even get a new anti-siphon 20 oz. tank to go with it and still be in budget. i recommend hpa but that would be a little more.

let me know if you need/want more info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:40 am 

jdobbs wrote:
Get the MR2.

Would you care to elaborate on that a bit....why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:44 am 

I keep hearing a lot about the ION, but from what I have seen the ION seems to be riding on it's namesake "smartparts". I have herd a lot of complaints about the Ion. Also doesn't the ion Require HPA? will it work with CO2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:58 am 

Or conisdering my budget and the style of play, would I just be better off getting the 05 Spyder Electra with the ACS bolt?

It's cheaper, and I can get a used one for even less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:23 pm 

when I think of "Scenario games" I think of heavily modified A5's. Have you given Tippmann's any thought?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

You could just get a JAM or acs bolt for that original spyder... the old ones last forever. the newer ones... they have some issues after a while.

Those ions seem to be not too bad, as long as you get a good one right off, it should stay working good. And with enough of them around, that takes care of getting help.

You could always look into a Trilogy cocker, or like MadCat said, check out an A5.

All of them are great guns.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:34 am 

there is nothing wrong with using that classic spyder. like azzy said you could put a JAM bolt in it.

as for the ion. just cause you use an ion does not mean that you play speedball. i personally have an imp and 2 ion and the last time i played a tourny was in 2000 with my spyder classic. and they will run on co2 just fine, as long as you have a corretly setup anti-siphon.

tippmans are a good gun and a good company. they are also big in recball.

but if you really look you can find enough "bad" things about any gun. look at how many people complain about kingman's. there weird fitting sizes, poor qc/tolerances.

just find what works best for you. if i am around you are welcomed to shot any of my guns

Last edited by prince valiant on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:28 am 

Thanks for all the advice. I may just consider the new bolt. however, with the old spiders it's side cocking with the cocking lever attacher to the lower striker bolt. The ACS and JAM bolts that i see on the internet all all are either for rear cocking ot top cocking markers. mine is neither. I suppose I could get the rear cocking one, but i don't want all that crap sticking out the back of my gun. For the top cocking bolt, does the lever unscrew from the bolt. It's either that or saw off the backend of the rear cocking bolts, but i'd prefer to to damage something i just bought.