www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: YO PHEONIX PLEASE READ!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:03 pm 

I'm trying to get rid of my ICON Z i really want a Shocker or a base Impulse do u work up at Gander Mountain? Could you give me a good deal on one of those guns like with all the hook upgrades electric hopper a 20 oz tank ect ect.. If u cant get me a good deal I'll try Buddy but reply to me please Thanks Chris weather u can or not my price range is about 300.00-500.00 i'm kinda broke so i'm trying to sell my Icon Z
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:48 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

sorry, no deals on the guns or accesorries, the Impulse base model is $425 and the vision is $550, i have the vision myself, and it's the 2nd best gun i own. my original VM 68 is still my best gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:20 pm 

just curious, but if you are so broke why are you in the market for a new gun. i mean just use the gun you have and learn how to move. even if you think that your gun is not that good.

the gun does not make that big of a deal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, trust us, we have more guns than you have fingers and toes :) Learn your gun first.

You also dont realise what else goes into having a high end electonic gun.. you need a loader that will keep up, a correct tank setup, regulators, parts kits (just in case) and anything else that might be needed for maintenence.

Besides, $500 is a LOT of money. I havent ever spent over 300 on any of my guns; and 300 was for one that is #373 of 1800, and pretty rare.

And with a gun that shoots fast comes the cost of ownership. The faster you shoot, the more paint you shoot. Paint isnt cheap.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject: Guns/Markers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:56 pm 

As these guys have said, its not so much the gun, as it is the player. A high end gun isn't going to help you when someone has the right angle, the right hiding spot, the stealthier movement, etc. on you.

Just my two bits.

J.T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:43 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

Not to keep up the others views but also look at it this way. A Shocker would cost you around $1000 divide that into $40 (the amount you might pay for one day at Renegade's) and you get 25. (the number of days of play the Shocker would cost) and divide the 25 into 4 (the amount of open play Sundays in a month) and you get 6.25 ( the numbers of months playing once a week to total the cost of the Shocker) Now also are you going to play every Sunday or maybe every other one that would make it ONE YEAR worth of play but what about the wintertime where you might not play for a few months.... Enough of the math and bs. I also suggest put your money toward playing more than your equipment. I do feel that good equipment is important but you must have the experience to use it. I should not be one to talk because I like the pricey toys too but what has been said is true. Nothing can replace experience!!!