www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:40 pm 

piharana are good, same as spyders. there are a good bit of upgrades out there. what upgrades where you looking/thinking about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:35 am 

If you decide to get a spyder/spyder clone shoot me a PM.

I have a practically new spyder pilot with the 20 BPS board and ACS bolt and all that fun stuff. I would give you a much better deal than buying new (obviously because it is used). I could bring it down to Riverside and you could try it out.

If you go another route, no worries. Like Azzy said, just get something you enjoy using. You will enjoy paintball much more if you get a gun you don't have to mess around with all the time. It is very frustrating to be sitting out rounds because you are tinkering with your gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:50 pm 

Ok my friend will sell me a piranha GTI. What do you guys think of this gun? What could I do to set it apart from all the other GTI's out there. (other than a bolt)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:58 pm 

Not all guns need a butt load of upgrades. Piranahs/spyders don't need many upgrades. A barrel, and an electric trigger if you want and thats about it. Honestly, all that crap you could put on them really isn't needed. By the time you buy this and that for a spyder/spyder clone you could have just gotten something better to begin with.

I had a GTI and it was OK, only had a E-Trigg, freak, and delrin bolt. The bolt was a waste of money and the freak didn't improve my accuracy that much. My freak is perfect on my Ion, but on my GTI it was just as good as a AA barrel. Regs, LP valves, delrin/ACS bolts, and any other piece of junk are just a waste of money to put on a Spyder.

But if ur buying spyder and it comes with all that stuff and is cheaper than you upgrading a new spyder yourself, then Fets's offer seems pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:57 pm 

I agree... most upgrades are pointless. I put a ND Lowrise feedneck on my spyder because the hopper kept falling out of the stock one. It already has a delrin ACS bolt and a small drop. Other than that I added a J&J Ceramic barrel. I guess the only "pointless" cosmetic upgrade I added were the Dye Stickies - but I do like how they feel and look.

Honestly, I don't care if you buy my spyder or not. I was just letting you know because I don't use it much anymore and hate having it set around. If you have a friend looking to get rid of their Piranha that might be just as good for you.

Differences? Well the Pilot I have has a Delrin Anti-chop bolt. A much better board, and the few upgrades I added. Other than that they are the same thing really. Good luck finding something you will like.