www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The next step??
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:02 am 

I want to take my game to the next level, so whats the next step after playing every Sunday as a walk on? Is it posible for me to become a Renegade, and how do I go about doing that? Are there any benefits to becoming one? If anyone can answer these questions and give me some more info, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Post subject: BUMP!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:13 pm 

BUMP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:00 pm 

ya i was wondering that myself awhile ago. what does it take to become an official 'renegade"

bunkering terrorists :) Afghanistan 05-07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:41 am 

Yeah dude, but it looks like we're on our own figuring this one out. We're probably not going to get an answer for awhile if at all because of the monster game. I've been talking to some people at the field the last couple of weeks. From what I gathered, you just have to play there a lot and everyone will get to know you. It just goes from there really. Thats what I think anyways, but I want to find out for sure. I've seen the "regulars" using thier own marballizer paint on the field, I don't know if they snuck it in or Buddy lets them use it or what? Maybe thats one of the benefiets? I don't even know if I should be discussing this or not! arrggghhh! Well, I'd at least like to get the word out that I am looking to get into some more serious play. I wish I could have went to Michigan and got to know everyone better, but it just wasn't possible. If anyone else can share any advice or info we would appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:26 pm 

okay here is the skinny.

there is no exact way of how to become an "official renegade", yet. some of us are working on a way to maybe figure this out. in the past it is just a time when you are playing down the field and after enough time people get to know you that we like the way you play. mainly that you are honorable, fair, and don't cheat. be a nice person, don't start fight, be willing to help fellow paintball players out, and be willing to learn. these are just what i think of what it takes to become a renegade. for exact info you would need to talk to buddy himself. but really there are no set ways that one becomes a renegade, it just happens, and buddy maybe the only one that know how that happens.

as far as the benifits of being a renegade. well the only one that i know of and i have been around for a long time. is that you are a renegade... you best understand that when you go to a big game like michigan that we have played at or are around people who know our rep. ask those newbs that went to michigan for the first time this year about it, they should be able to tell you about it. if not ask one of the vets.

as far as the regulars bringing marbs of there own, well that is not allowed. unless buddy let them do that, and that very rarely happens. unless the either bought it off of him or something else. that would need to be discussed with buddy regardless.

hope this helps. i have been playing over there for about 8+ years now, so if you have any question post them or pm me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:41 pm 

just remebered this, in the past once a person went away with us to a big game and played a way that represents us well; usually in the front lines making things happen and willing to take a hit and not cheating; then that person is usually accepted as a renegade. but get known as a cheater and we will push you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:37 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

About the Marb paint. About two or three weeks be for the MMG Buddy had a few cases at the field as well as the Singer paint. He gave some of the Renegades some of the Marb and some of the Stinger for us to shoot that day and asked witch of the two we would want to take to the MMG. That is why some people saw it at the field recently. One thing about the Renegades is that we play fair and would not bring out side paint onto Buddy's field. I am glad to see people that are very interested in playing often and becoming Renegades. It is true it just happens. I am not sure how it happened to me but it did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:08 pm 
Riverside Renegade
Riverside Renegade

I can remeber playing at the field when i first started into paintball when the staging area was a fort and the old staging area was back where you first walked in, that was in the spring of 94 i was 13 at the time. i only played at the field for about 8 games that year but the mystic of the renegades was in my blood, and becoming one of the elite was my goal for the next year. well the next year came around and i played every weekend from march through october and everry day i played i kept asking buddy if i was a renegade yet. his reply was you'll know when you are. well i didn't become one that year either, the next year however was different again i played every weekend but something had changed, i was getting calls from the renegades seeing if i was gonna be there on sunday as well as getting calls from buddy to see if i was playing. that's when i knew i was a renegade. it wasn't because i was always playing all the time, but i think it was because i was always there helping out if i wasn't playing or helping fix a broken down gun for a newb, being freinds with all the regular players, playing fair and honest, having a true love for the sport of paintball. a willingness to learn, not being a jerk to other players. things like that helped me become a renegade. just because you have a renegade jersey sometimes doesn't mean your a Renegade. you'll know when your a renegade. it just happens.