www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: tech questions anyone.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:01 pm 

does anyone have any tech questions out there? i am one of the tech people at the field (when i can make it, job permitting). matty was the first, and i took his place.

have a few ideas in mind, like a air cannon, vm-68 gatling gun, and the ultimate - my idea of a kick butt tank using a atv suspension and a 4 cycle motorcycle engine. my other hobby is cars and just about anything motorized

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:47 am 

Hey, I had an idea that i think you would have like. A motorized sear tripper. This engine i just sold on ebay was going to be used for it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1 . Anyway you get three model 98's or pro/carbines or cheapo spider clones, cut them so their sears are exposed, and put them in a triangle config.

Then you take sporket, and cut off most of spikes so it won't catch the sear too many times you may have to cut off all but one, you'll also probally have to slope them so it won't wear the sear too bad. Then its just making a frame to put them together.

You would be able to adjust the rate of fire by putting a stop on the throttle. It could probally run of a single HPA tank on a remote, and you wouldn't have the problem of getting all the barrels to spin like with a gattling gun. With warp feeds you could have six guns, three on top and three on the bottom, maybe even eight if you put two on the side. Plus the motor would sound badass and probally scare some people. Althought all the loaders would make for a huge target, but then again if they were playing no gun hits it would also be a huge shield.

Post subject: not bad.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:30 pm 

the reason i was thinking of using vm's was because you could remove the trigger frame while leaving the trigger still on and functional. the a simple rod/cam system would be used to trip the trigger/sear. you could make them all fire as on or alternating. thought about using a small dc motor to spin shaft (more weight from battery), or a air motor (hard to find/ expensive) that way you could use the power source for the guns to run the motor. may just need to use a bigger tank or multiple tanks.

electric motor made more sense, as far as using the battery to fire the trigger (thinking old computer aircraft style joystick). you could use the mounting points for the trigger frame to mount the shaft, and then mount the whole thing in a nice little box with a handle coming out the side and it would be held kind of like a GE mini-gun.

few different ideas on the hoppers. this would mainly be a defensive gun, definatly not running with it.

i like your ideas for the spyders. you could use the triffer frame mounting holes to mount the shaft. i think cams maybe better than sprockets, but either would work.

conan has made some awesome custom guns. triple cockers all fired with one trigger. think i might have a picture of one, have to check. he would be at mmg.

p.s. where do you work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:43 pm 

prince valiant, The cockers that conan had all machined together at MMG might have been the most intimidating gun that I have ever seen at a paintball event :roll:

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:00 pm 

I work at Gaint Eagle but am going to school for computer science. It could be real easy to hook some eletro-spyders together depending on how the e-grips were made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:05 pm 

i don't think you would need elctro triggers, if you where mounting multiple guns together and running the off a common shaft. heck if you can run a small elec motor like that out of a r/c car and you would not be able to find a gun that could keep up with the rpm's of the motor. except maybe a angel or something like that. and who has that kind of money to buy that many guns let alone feed it paint.

you know what i mean? mainly you would need to find the rof of said gun that you would use. and find a motor that would run at the rpm needed to achieve the max rof or less. or find a way to reduce the rpm, via voltage limiter (which could burn up the motor if not designed to do that), gear reduction (complicated and a pain in the but), or some sort of throttle like switch with a limiter.

my biggest problem is lack of fabrication tools, trying to work on that one, and finding out what and accurate rof of something like a spydwer or vm. favor the vm cause of its mounting possiblities and ease, and duribility. plus they are loud with a stock vm-68 mag barrel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:56 pm 

how about something simpler, take 3 cheap spyders or rebels with top cocking and vert feed, hook them all up to a homemade slider trigger frame. The frame would have slidding sears that would look sort of like this from the top

/
/
/
that way the farther you pushed the trigger it would trip one sear after the next, and would sound faster than all of them shooting at once, then saw off the barrels to about 6-4 inches, that way it would also be really loud and would have a shot gun like spread. It would seem like the trigger pull would be really long but it wouldn't have to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

get 3 electro cockers, 3 egg2's and have at it with a selective fire trigger (just a little electronics knowhow would help there).

Up to 60+balls per second. Bring your wallet.

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:28 pm 

exactly bring your wallet. not only to shot the paint but to build it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:49 am 
Site Admin

prince valiant wrote:
exactly bring your wallet. not only to shot the paint but to build it

Should only be around 1200 dollars or so..... :roll:

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]