www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:35 pm 

here are 2 links that I found interesting.

This is a barrel bore size chart:

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrelc.html

This is the paintball size chart:

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html

Hope it comes in handy for someone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Paint size differs from batch to batch, but that would give you a general idea...

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:13 am 

I have had people tell me that Otter's paintball size chart is not accurate. But I have never checked for myself. Probably has alot to due with what Azzy said.

Post subject: Hmmm...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:41 pm 

I would imagine that alot of things have an effect on the size of the paintballs in addition to production differences. Temperature, age, and humidity levels all probably have an effect on the balls one way or the other.

I have read a ton of things about improving the accuracy of a paintball marker. Swapping barrels, using a certain kind of paint, etc, and it all largely boils down to how well the paintball fits in the barrel.

I had a barrel that was not on the chart so I scampered off to Dicks and Dunhams to see if I could find a good paint to barrel match using the method given at Otters. The chart was sort of useful in the sense that I could open up a box of XYZ balls and put one in the barrel. If it rolled out I could look at the sizing chart to see the basic size for that ball. I could then look at the other kinds of paint in the store, see what size they were and eliminate all that were in the same category. To test this, I opened practically every box of paint that I could get my hands on. When the chart said small, they rolled out of the barrel. I found a couple that were better matches and concluded that I needed a different size paint other than what was available in the stores. Not to mention the guy at Dicks wasn't very thrilled with the idea of so many open cases of paint.

BTW---He said that they take all the paint that has been opened and maybe had a few broken or missing balls and put them in the back room. Eventually they ship them back, but would sell them at a steep discount to avoid shipping them. So anyone looking for a bargain might want to see if they have any broken or ripped bags or boxes of paint.

I would further like to test the paintball size chart with a barrel from the chart.