www.RiversideRenegades.com

Home of Riverside Renegades Paintball
It is currently Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: magazine fed paintball
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:29 pm 

Hey all...just reactivated the account after being away for a while.

I posted this on my home teams website (www.neosmut.com) but figured I would try here as well on the suggestion that there are a lot of 'do it yourself' paintball players here.

I am considering trying to design a magazine fed system to use with my marker. I know that RAP4 uses a direct magazine feed and Qloader offers a magazine fed system but I am more interested in making it myself. Has anyone attempted this before or could offer any suggestions on things that have worked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

Magazine fed pb guns...

There was the RAM45 (old nelson clone) back in the late 80's, super rare magazine fed...

Then later you had the AFT, then the AT series guns (formaly the Tagline TS1) and then many other guns with spring feeds added.

Ive seen the Zues/PT/Core/Overlord spring feed magazines added to spyders and tippmans, with only an adapter.

Look at guns that work with it when you are thinking it up, and go with what works. If you dont have the materials and the tools, it may be harder than it seems.

Good luck though, its always cool to see home brew stuff. Whatcha thinking of adapting?

[url:3eidvjl2]http://www.PaintBallCity.org[/url:3eidvjl2]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:35 pm 

He is adapting an MR1. He has the know-how just needs some ideas, I think. I figured this would be a good place to start, was trying to think of the forum you frequent Azzy, and I just remembered - McCarter Brown. Try there, Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:11 am 

Thanks Azzy -

I am pretty sure I can get the design and I do work alot with machine shops in the area to get a few favors for little materials.

I didnt realize there was so many previously made magazine fed systems out there. I will have to research some of those for ideas. It mostly comes down to getting the capacity I want without sacrificing bulk and size. Its becoming a fun little project.

Thanks for the help -